Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Editing process


 So this is where the process of filmmaking not only gets fine but a little bit tedious. When it comes to editing films you’re able to do so much with all your clips different cuts and  music. When I edit the first thing that I like to do is actually review all of my clips and get them in order so that editing will go a lot smoother. Because when you film you have so many different clips of the same scene and you want to make sure you choose the right clip that fits the scene the best.  most challenging thing so far happens to actually be adding the music over the clips. Getting the correct part of the music to go with the exact scene that I would like it to go to is very challenging also we don’t want to get copyrighted. So when we post on YouTube we’re gonna have to specifically say that we did not on the rights to this song of our choice because then our video might be in risk of getting taken down. I really want to re-shoot the last 3 scenes because I feel as if the essence of the story wasn’t fully captured. The second problem I’ve been running into is adding all the sound effects that I would like without having to download as much sounds. I’m not really tech savvy and I really don’t know much about what tools to use as far as editing so I use iMovie. With iMovie there aren’t much options as far as uploading the music over the video and adding the specific sound effects. With all this being said, going back to some of the editing tools we want to touch base on. These things definitely include split screens, cross cutting, and a lot of fading.  I am super excited to see what this film will turn out to be. I really love the fact that we have a chance for peer review and then getting the opportunity to re-shoot and re-edit our videos before turning them in. Editing is hard for me because I do not know everything surround technology let along how to edit things into a program. We do have a set editing software available at school, Pinnacle Studios, but it never seems to work. For the last few projects we actually didn't use that software at all; we tried to dump our clips and it went super slow. In the past we have used, IMovie and Adobe Flash as editing software. But this time around we are taking a little bit of a different approach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  How do  your products represent social groups or issues? With making a film, comes many elements that go unthought about. I do not believe...