Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting The Film task

  Hello class, my name is Charli, and I am very excited to be starting our final project for AICE media. I don't know if you remember but I told you that I happen to be a very energetic and outgoing person. I happen to speak out for a lot of things and I come with plenty of ideas.  One thing I really enjoy abut media is, the freedom of our blogs. With that being said, we are able to pre-plan and write down all of our ideas here and once it is time to execute; we can refer back to our blog. Another thing to know about me is I am very goal oriented and want to get things done in a manor that will please me. And also appealing to others but still keeping in mind the rules that we have to follow. I contribute a lot to my group and my group also puts in a lot of effort. I will put my own personal ways of how things should be into my work and that's what makes me a great asset into my group. And lastly I will always push my group mates to be the best students in AICE media.
  I have learned a lot of information, over the first half of AICE media. The skills I've acquired include: angle positioning, editing knowledge, better production skills, and a higher media IQ. Media has taught me to think a little bit more on my feet, this can be seen when a storyboard idea doesn't quite fall through as planned. Also how to communicate with others to get something done more efficiently. With that being said, over the first semester of media I have found out that I ca actually be really good at this because I like to think of really cool ideas and then execute. The most exciting part of the film making process is editing. During our music video I believed I edited a good 75% of the film. Editing is something I love to do because there are so many col ways to add to a video just by adding effects, transitions , etc... When our final project is all said and done I will love to edit it but that is with the approval of my group members. We really create some of the most creative videos I think.
  A new term that was added to our media vocabulary, was pitch. Now in film, pitch is a Hollywood term; used to describe an idea where a film is  encapsulated in 25 words or less. Again coming up with creative ideas is out groups strong point.
Pitch #1: A documentary style opener to a movie where the stories of love birds,  takes a turn in the wrong direction. interviewing murderers of their own lovers.

Pitch #2: Taking a sci-fi approach to the project. Capturing a teenage sleepover, turn into a lab experiment for a failed mad scientist who craves for experimentation.  


Pitch #3: An outsiders point of view into a secretive family, only to find out he is a part of the family in more ways than he thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  How do  your products represent social groups or issues? With making a film, comes many elements that go unthought about. I do not believe...