Thursday, March 5, 2020

Peer Review

  The person who I was assigned to peer review had her film completed and ready to go for us to watch. One thing I enjoyed about her film was the direction that her genre had taken. She had a really good concept and story line to the film. It created much suspense throughout the entire film as well as a sense of "what's going to happen next." I enjoyed her titles being simple and not hard to read because I feel that is very important, legibility and conciseness.  I also liked the fact how evenly they were spread out and didn't take away from what was happening in the film. She did a good job including all of her angles, and shots needed. She also executed the shots and angles in a way that you can barely tell so I thought that was really good as well.
  One thing I can say I didn't enjoy/ something she can improve on was content. While the story line was there, it was not very clear as to what the film was about. We had to ask her what was the whole point of the film. She also didn't use any background music so she should go back and fix that when it is time to re-edit. One suggestion that I would suggest is to change up the plot of the story a little bit and lead with a better cliff hanger. Her film can be so good if she just changed up the line of event within the film.  For example, the part of the film where she is laying down and the hand touches her, she could've added a little extra umph. It got confusing at a point and I really had no clue what was going on. Another scene is when she is talking to her mom like she could either completely take the scene out. Overall the first time around was a test run and once we re-shoot i hope she has a better deliverance.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  How do  your products represent social groups or issues? With making a film, comes many elements that go unthought about. I do not believe...